Saturday, March 21, 2015

Day 32: Late Night Prayers

I've been trying to get to a working computer all day to post the reflection that I wrote this morning, but alas, I have a feeling that the Holy Spirit didn't want me to post what I wrote, at least today.  So where is the Spirit taking us this day?  I personally have been all over the place today both literately, figuratively and spiritually.  I have seen kids rally around a friend, I sunk down low with penitents in confession, I consoled a friend, I lifted up a baby in baptism, I spent time with family and friends, and witnessed two young people begin their matrimonial journey (typical Saturday for a priest, right?).  And in each of these events witnessed the hand of God at work.  As I sit here and reflect on a long day in the fields of the Lord, I thank him for his guiding hand.  We all go through times when we think we can't get through a day and then remember the Lord's goodness and pray just like the psalmist: "I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; from where shall my help come?  My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth." (Psalm 121:1-2)