Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 14 - No Regrets


Over the last two days, our parish has been hosting 6th graders from all our Broward County Catholic schools for a Vocations Rally to help them consider the possibility of a vocation to the priesthood or religious life.  They have been fun filled days for the kids and for me as I reached back into my old Vocation Director days.  Part of the activities was being part of a panel fielding questions from these curious 11 year olds.  They asked every type of question from what priests did for fun to how much money we make to do we get nervous when celebrating Mass.  There were four priests and one very-very-soon-to-be priest on the panel and we took turns answering the questions.  Yesterday, this question was asked of me:  “Have you ever regretted becoming a priest?”  I smiled, looked back at the student and said, “Not a single day in almost ten years.  There have been tough days.  There have been frustrating days, but never have I thought to myself `I should have done something else.’”  When you are doing the will of God, scratch that, when you joyfully embrace the will of God, you’ll never have to look back and wonder “what if?” because you will be perfectly content with where God has led you.