Monday, March 26, 2012

Day 34 - Totally Yours


The Church celebrates the Annunciation of the Lord today as we contemplate Mary’s total “yes” to God.  Contemplating this feast called to mind the motto of Blessed John Paul II, Totus tuus, or “totally yours.”  It expressed his devotion and consecration to the Blessed Mother which he takes from St. Louis de Montfort’s book “True Devotion to Mary:”  "I belong entirely to you, and all that I have is yours. I take you for my all. O Mary, give me your heart."  We want the heart of Mary because we want to say “yes” like Mary.  We want to be totally devoted to Christ like Mary.  We want to let the love of God totally consume us like it did with Mary on this day.  As Holy Week quickly approaches, may we cleanse our hearts of all impurity so that we may submit to the Lord’s will with a heart as immaculate as our Blessed Mother’s.