Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day 29 - God is in Control


During my day off, I sometimes like to catch up with friends either over the phone or a meal.  Yesterday, I made several calls just to say hi and found myself in long conversations.  After the third or fourth call, I started noticing a common theme in each conversation.  Every one is facing some sort of challenge or adversity, but they were approaching it with the unwavering faith that God is in control.  All of us are tested especially when we try so hard to do God’s will in a world that tells us to do the opposite.  I remember telling one of my friends that despite the storms in our lives, if we abide in God’s hands then we start to forget that there even is a storm because God is in control.  So don’t fret.  Don’t worry.  There is no need for distress.  If God is the Master of our lives, he will shelter us and deliver us even from the fiercest of storms.  He will never leave our side.  Just remember what the Lord tells us through the prophet Isaiah in today’s first reading:  “Can a mother forget her infant, be without tenderness for the child of her womb? Even should she forget, I will never forget you (Isaiah 49:15).”