Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day 15 - The Gift of Peace

Why is it so difficult for us to obtain peace?  It is truly within our grasp except we go searching for it in all the wrong places.  Yesterday, I finished my meditation talking about how content we will be when we joyfully embrace God's will.  You can add to that that we will also be overwhelmed with an incredible sense of peace.  This peace is only obtained when we allow the Divine to wash over us like cool springs of water.  We obtain it by detaching ourselves from the things of this world and turning our back on sin.  Is it any wonder that part of the formula of absolution that the priest tells you during confession is:  "May God give you pardon and peace."  We also hear it during the Mass right after the Our Father when we hear the words of Jesus uttered by the priest:  "Peace I leave you.  My peace I give you."  This is what our Lord wants for us.  Let go of the world and rejoice in the gift of His peace.